Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Soylent Green in My Coffee Cup?

I just can't leave well-enough alone. The new powdered protein product did so well in skim milk that I decided to experiment. I added a little to my hot chocolate. I heated and I stirred and I mixed and waited.

Best as I can tell, I've created a new life form floating in my Quick and milk. It doesn't taste too bad, but it has the consistency of what I imagine the first guy in the movie experienced before he yelled "Soylent Green is people!"

Ok, no biggie. Lesson for today: Powdered protein does not play well with others and never, NEVER heat it up.

Today is going to be a very good day; I can tell. I think I'm on the down side of the pain. I'm getting up and down with almost no pain at all. The thought of having a nearly pain-free Labor Day weekend has got me almost giddy.

My racing heart rate is slowing down and my breathing is normal.

I think I will go out and play.

4 comments:

Kenna said...

Fran - I stumbled on to your blog using the "next blog" feature and I'm glad I did. You are very articulate and I enjoy reading your posts. Best wishes in your recovery.

Adele said...

Hello, nice little blog you have here, if you'd like a peek at my it's abot myHair Loss

Jeff james said...

I was looking for ideas for my site and found your site...good job.
My site is about weight loss plan and other free diet stuff. thanks for some good ideas

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time