Thursday, September 09, 2004

Hitting A (freshly built) Wall

It's not a set back, it's just reality. I go, I go, I go, I smack.

Today was a pretty good day. I guess it was just too much day to be excited about this journey.

My days have been beginning consumed with getting my house finished. We've run into every delay imagined and the week after surgery I earned the Driving Miss Crazy handle. I'll admit it: I found myself in a slightly psychotic state of mind and decided it was a perfect time to make some phone calls. I might have found a new use for bariatric surgery.

I made my second commute to New Orleans and I love the environment. I learned my lessons two days ago and I felt much better at lunch time.

On the way back home, I thought about how great it would be to have Cecilia at home waiting for me. Instead, an inspection of our closets and interior doorways waited for me.

At the end of it all, I didn't feel like "getting in the protein," measuring the portions or building the muscles. I just didn't feel.

The best note of the days is that I've stepped down my blood pressure meds twice since surgery and it's still normal. That's going to have to be good enough for today.

No comments: